About Us

Godstone Baptist Church (GBC) is a friendly group of people, meeting locally to worship, serve and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.

Our History

The right of all people to worship God freely has always been at the heart of Baptist churches. In 1555, two Godstone men were arrested and executed for that right and our church is built on that tradition.

Godstone Baptist Church was founded on 15th February 1882 with 9 members meeting in a ‘Tin Tabernacle’ at Tyler’s Green, Godstone. In 1935, the tin chapel was replaced with a brick building.

In 1956 Dr. Ian Sharp and his young family went to serve as medical missionaries in the Belgian Congo. All were martyred for their commitment to God. The church hall was built and dedicated to their memory in 1967.

GBC is a member of the Baptist Union of Great Britain, the South East Baptist Association (SEBA) and the Evangelical Alliance.

Our Team

GBC is led by our Minister Phil Hughes and a team of deacons.
Further information about everyone in our team can be found here.

Our Location

Our Church can be found in the Surrey village of Godstone – click click here for directions and further details.

Our Vision

KNOWING.
GROWING.
GOING.

Our vision is for GBC to create a supportive community where KNOWING God and each other deeply, GROWING disciples who become like Jesus, and GOING to serve Him in our everyday lives is an everyday reality. Further information about our vision and values can be found here.

Our Values

Further information about our values can be found here.

Our Sunday Service

And to find out about what to expect during our service on a Sunday morning click here.